Colchester Zoo Visitor Charter
Colchester Zoo aims to provide an excellent quality of service for all of its customers.
Our aim is to provide quality and value for services, delivered in an efficient and responsive manner. We aim to achieve this through providing;
- Services which reflect the Mission and Values of Colchester Zoo
- Standards of excellence in the delivery of all our services
- Value for money and continuous improvement in what we do
At all times, we will:
- Treat customers fairly and with respect. In turn all our staff deserve to be treated in the same way and we will not tolerate any physical, written or verbal abuse of any member of our staff.
- Offer a friendly, efficient service that is sensitive to all our customer’s needs.
In the event that a customer has cause for complaint that cannot be resolved at the time, we request that this is made in writing via email to email@example.com. We will need to be provided with precise details of the complaint including the
- Date and time
- Location of incident
- Members of staff present if any (Please note that all our staff all wear name badges)
We will aim to:-
- Respond in a timely manner to acknowledge the contact and to give a time frame of when a response can be expected based upon the time it will take to investigate it and to let the customer know who is dealing with their enquiry.
- It is sometimes the case that someone cannot, or will not, accept the outcome of a complaint once the complaint has been brought to a conclusion in line with our policy and procedures. If Colchester Zoo deems a complaint to be unjustified and someone continues, or persists in, their contact with us in relation to a matter which has reached a conclusion, we will consider whether - and at what point - that contact becomes unacceptable or is harassing.
- If a customer’s behaviour becomes unacceptable, Colchester Zoo reserves the right to refuse to respond further to a complaint and if necessary to remove the customer from the park and to bar them from visiting again. This could include pass holders, who if their behaviour is deemed inappropriate or threatening will have their pass invalidated.
- We take any threat, intimidation or harassment of our staff or volunteers very seriously. If it is deemed necessary in order to protect our safety we will report any behaviour of this type to the appropriate authority (which may include the police).